Chapter 1 General Rules
Article 1 (Purpose)
The terms and conditions of the Agreement herein stipulate the conditions and procedures for using the services that the Woongjin Foundation (hereinafter sometimes referred to as the "Foundation") provides, and the rights and obligations of those people who use the services offered by the Woongjin Foundation.
Article 2 (Definition)
The terms used in this Agreement shall be deemed to have the following meanings:
1. Users: Those who use the services that the "Woongjin Foundation" offers in line with the terms stipulated in this Agreement
2. Members: Those, (either individuals or organizations), who are registered with the Woongjin Foundation after providing personal information so that they may be entitled to the information and services that the Woongjin Foundation provides
3. ID: A combination of letters and numbers that a member selects to use the services that the Woongjin Foundation offers and that the Woongjin Foundation approves
4. Password: A combination of letters and numbers that members select in order to protect their confidentiality
Article 3 (Commencement of the Effects of and Changes to the Agreement)
① The Agreement herein shall enter into effect with notification on the home page of the Woongjin Foundation or through the use of other means.
② The Woongjin Foundation may change the terms and conditions of this Agreement and such changes shall enter into effect with relevant notification to users.
Article 4 (Other Rules and Regulations)
Items not stipulated in this Agreement shall be interpreted based on related regulations and laws, such as the Basic Act on Electrical Communications, Act on Electrical Communications Business or the Act on the Promotion of the Information Communication Network.
Chapter 2 Contract for Service Usage
Article 5 (Establishment of the Agreement to Use the Service)
This Agreement for service usage shall be established when the user makes an application for usage and when the Woongjin Foundation accepts such an application.
Article 6 (Application for Use)
If the user presses the “I agree” button after reading this Agreement, it shall be considered that the user has agreed to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The user shall then fill in their information in the application form in order to subscribe to the services offered by the Foundation.
Article 7 (Approval of the Application for Use)
The Woongjin Foundation shall have applicants registered as members only when they complete the application forms and agree to the terms and conditions of the Agreement.
The application shall be rejected in any of the following cases:
1. The applicant provides a false description of themselves on the application form
2. The applicant submits an application using another person’s name
3. The application is made in an attempt to disrupt the welfare and order of the society or public morals
4. The application falls short of other requirements as determined by the Woongjin Foundation
Article 8 (Changes to the Agreement)
Members may gain access to their information and make corrections at any time. Where necessary, members are required to make corrections to the information that they offered at time of submitting the application, and they shall take the responsibility for any problems that may arise out of untimely corrections being made.
Chapter 3 Obligations of the Parties
Article 9 (Obligations of the Woongjin Foundation)
The Woongjin Foundation shall keep the information of the members confidential, make use of any part or the entirety of member information for the purposes of conducting its operations. However, the Foundation shall not transfer such information to any other organizations or individuals. This clause, however, shall not apply when such information is required by government organizations in accordance with the Basic Act on Electrical Communications, for the purpose of investigations, or under any other laws or acts.
Article 10 (Obligations of the Members)
① Members shall fill out application forms with correct information at the time of submitting an application.
② Members shall not be involved in any one of the following activities at the time of using services:
1. Making unfair use of the ID of other members
2. Copying, publishing or offering information obtained through the services to any third party
3. Violating or breaching the copyright or other rights of the Woongjin Foundation or any other third party
4. Distributing contents in violation of the public order or public morals
5. Any activities that are objectively considered as relating to criminal activities
6. Other acts that breach any other laws or regulations
③ Members shall comply with the regulations stipulated in this Agreement and abide by tips on things to keep in mind as set forth in this Agreement when using the services.
④ The Woongjin Foundation shall not accept any responsibility for outcomes resulting from the information that the members provide.
⑤ Members are not permitted to transfer or donate or offer as collateral the rights to use the services, and any other rights concerning this Agreement without the prior consent of the Woongjin Foundation.
⑥ Members shall notify the Woongjin Foundation of any improper use of their ID.
⑦ Members agree to receive e-mails from the Woongjin Foundation where sent as part of the Foundation’s services.
⑧ Members are not permitted to use the services of the Woongjin Foundation for any business activities and the Woongjin Foundation shall accept no responsibility for any outcomes resulting from their use for business purposes.
Chapter 4 Use of the Services
Article 11 (Provision of Information)
The Woongjin Foundation may provide members with various information necessary for use of the services on the noticeboard, through e-mail, or through other channels.
Article 12 (Times to Use the Services)
① The services in principle are available for 24 hours a days and 365 days a year in the absence of any particular problems in terms of the operation and technological capabilities of the Woongjin Foundation. However, this shall not apply during the days and time bands that the Woongjin Foundation designates as necessary for maintenance purposes.
② The Woongjin Foundation may designate time bands available for services by dividing the entire day into different time bands. In such cases, notifications shall be made in advance.
Article 13 (Responsibility for Service Usage)
Members are not permitted to conduct any illegal activities such as hacking, linking to porn sites or distributing pirate software. The Woongjin Foundation shall take no responsibility for any actions or losses suffered as a result of any violation of this clause.
Article 14 (Suspension of the Services Offered)
① The Woongjin Foundation may suspend service for reasons of maintenance, replacement or breakdown of information/communication facilities or communication lines. It may also cease offering a certain existing service in order to replace it with a new service or for any other reason that the Woongjin Foundation deems reasonable and/or necessary.
② In the event of any service suspension as stipulated in Provision 1 above, the Woongjin Foundation shall provide notification of said fact to the users involved. In this case, the Woongjin Foundation may provide notification on the bulletin board instead of providing notifications to each individual member affected. This clause, however, shall not apply when prior notification cannot be made due to reasons out of the control of the Woongjin Foundation, such as the suspension of service due to disk errors, system breakdown or system operator error.
Article 15 (Content Uploaded by Members)
The Woongjin Foundation may delete the following content uploaded or registered by members without the prior consent of the relevant member in any of the following cases, and the relevant member shall be prevented from future access to the service:
1. Where the content or information does not suit the nature of the service
2. Where the content breaches the copyright of the site or that of any other third party
3. Other cases deemed to be in breach of other related laws or regulations
Article 16 (Copyright of Information Provided)
The rights to the data or content registered in the service are controlled in the following manner:
1. The rights and responsibilities for the content placed on the noticeboard shall belong to the relevant members, and the Woongjin Foundation shall not profit from this without the prior consent of the member. This clause shall not apply when the information is used for non-profit making purposes and where the Woongjin Foundation holds the right to provide notice within the scope of its services.
2. Members are not permitted to utilize the data or content uploaded to the service for commercial purposes, such as, but not limited to, the processing and selling of information.
Chapter 5 Restrictions in Usage and Withdrawal from Membership
Article 17 (Restrictions in Usage)
① The Woongjin Foundation may terminate this Agreement or suspend any member from using the services for a specific period of time, predetermined where the member is involved in any of the following activities:
1. Misappropriation of another member’s ID, password or personal information or use thereof in an unfaithful manner
2. Deliberate hindering of the operation of the services
3. Subscription to the service using a false name
4. Submitting a double registration using different IDs
5. Distribution of content that may damage or breach the public order or public morals
6. Planning or implementation of service usage in such a way that may harm the national, social or public interest
7. Dishonoring of others or inflicting disadvantage on others
8. Transmitting a large volume of information or commercial information in an attempt to disturb the stable operation of the service
9. Spreading computer virus programs that may cause disrupted operation or destruction of the information and communication facilities
10. Breaching the intellectual property rights of the Woongjin Foundation, any other members or any other third party
11. Receiving requests from the Information Communication Ethics Committee or other external organization to make corrections or a ruling from the Central Election Control Committee with regards to illegal election campaigning activities
12. Copying, distribution or use for commercial purposes information acquired using the services offered by the Woongjin Foundation without the prior consent of the Woongjin Foundation
13. Uploading obscene materials on the bulletin board or providing links to porn site/s
14. Breaching the conditions for usage determined by the site, including this Agreement
15. Uploading advertising materials that have nothing to do with the services offered on the Site
Article 18 (Procedures for Restricting Usage)
① The Woongjin Foundation shall notify the relevant member or its proxy in written format or over the phone when it seeks to restrict the usage of the site by the relevant member, specifying the reason, time and duration.
However, this procedure may be passed over where it is deemed necessary to suspend the use of the site by the member without delay by the Woongjin Foundation.
The Woongjin Foundation may lift such suspension measures when it is found that the reason for the suspension no longer exists.
Article 19 (Withdrawal of Membership & Cancellation of Registration)
① The user may ask the Woongjin Foundation to withdraw its membership at any time. Upon receipt of such a request, the Woongjin Foundation shall undergo the relevant procedures to have the membership of the user withdrawn.
Chapter 6 Compensation for Loss, etc
Article 20 (Compensation for Damage)
The Woongjin Foundation shall accept no responsibility for any damage suffered by a member unless it is caused by an action undertaken, deliberately or accidentally, by the Woongjin Foundation.
Article 21 (Indemnification)
① The Woongjin Foundation shall be indemnified for failure to provide service due to natural disaster or equivalent incident beyond its control.
② The Woongjin Foundation shall accept no responsibility for problems any member encounters when using the service due to actions attributable to the member.
③ The Woongjin Foundation shall accept no responsibility for any loss that a member suffers from using the data provided in the service.
④ The Woongjin Foundation shall accept no responsibility for the reliability, accuracy or contents of the information or data uploaded by any members.
⑤ The Woongjin Foundation shall accept no responsibility for a failure to obtain expected profits using the service or any loss that suffered from any use of data obtained from the service.
Article 22 (Competent Court)
Any legal action arising out of service usage shall proceed at a court with jurisdiction over the region where the Foundation is located.
Article 1 (Enforcement Date) The Agreement herein shall enter into effect on October 10, 2008.
The Woongjin Foundation values our customers’ personal information and shall abide by the Act on the Promotion of the Information Communication Network and Information Protection.
The Woongjin Foundation shall make public notifications on its website (or notifications to individual members) when its guidelines on the handling of personal information are revised.
ο The principles herein shall enter into effect on October 10, 2008.
■ Personal Information to be Collected
The Woongjin Foundation collects the following personal information to process membership applications, offer counseling and provide other services.
ο Information Items to Collect: Log-in ID (e-mail), name, password, gender, nationality, current address (home/abroad), access IP information
ο Collection of personal information: Through the home page (membership application process)
■ Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
The personal information that the Woongjin Foundation collects is used for the following purposes:
ο To conduct the agreement of the service provision and settle bills for services provided
ο Membership management
To confirm the party that uses the membership service, identify individuals, prevent any illegal use of the information by members and confirm the willingness to subscribe to the service
■ Period of Holding and Using Personal Information
The Woongjin Foundation shall destroy personal information without delay immediately after the objective of its retention has been achieved.
■ Method for the Destruction of Personal Information
The Woongjin Foundation shall destroy personal information without delay immediately after the objective of its retention has been achieved. The procedures and methods for said destruction are as follows:
ο Procedures for Destruction
The information that you entered in the process of applying for membership shall be transferred to a separate DB, (to a designated file box in case of paper documents), immediately after the objective of its retention has been achieved, and then destroyed after a certain period of time required for storage.
The personal data stored in the DB shall not be used for purposes other than storage, unless required under laws or regulations.
ο Destruction Methods
- Personal information stored in electronic file formats is deleted using a technological approach that makes the information irrecoverable.
■ Provision of Personal Information
The Woongjin Foundation shall not disclose any user personal information to another third party. However, this clause shall not apply in the following cases:
- Where the users agree in advance that the information may be disclosed
- Where the information is required for disclosure by laws or regulations or where it is demanded by investigational organizations following the procedures and methods stipulated under related laws
■ Commissioning of Personal Information
The Woongjin Foundation shall not commission the personal information of our customers to any third external party. Where a need to do so arises, the Foundation shall obtain the prior consent of the user by informing them of the details of the commissioned work and to whom such commissioning is to be made.
■ Rights of the Users and their Legal Representatives and How to Exercise those Rights
Users or their legal representatives may gain access to, and modify, their personal information or that of their children of 14 years of age or younger for whom they have legal representative rights. They may also request subscription cancellation. In order to correct personal information, click ‘change personal information’ (or ‘modify personal information’). Click ‘Withdrawal from Membership’ in order to withdraw from membership. You may also contact the person in charge of personal information management by letter, through e-mail or telephone to make corrections or withdrawal requests.
Once you have made a request for correction of your personal information, we shall not use or provide such information remaining uncorrected. Where any such information has already been provided to a third party, we will immediately ensure that the correction is made to your personal information.
The Woongjin Foundation shall ensure that any personal information that is deleted or personal information of users who have withdrawn their membership is managed in accordance with the clauses on the ‘Period and Use of the Information Collected by the Woongjin Foundation’ and it shall not be accessed or used for any other purpose/s.
■ Installation or Operation of Facilities that Collect Personal Information
The Woongjin Foundation does not operate any facilities, such as Cookies, that automatically collect personal information during the use of Internet services.
■ Complaints Relating to Personal Information
The Woongjin Foundation has designated staff in charge of protecting our customers and processing customer complaints relating to personal information related issues.
Name of the staff member in charge of personal information management: Chae-won Eun
Telephone Number: 02-2076-4664
You may file any complaint with regards to the protection of your personal information to the person in charge of such personal information management as follows. The Woongjin Foundation will do its best to provide a prompt and satisfactory response to your request.
You may also submit inquires relating to any possible infringement of your personal information to the following organizations:
1. Korea Information Society Agency (www.1336.or.kr/1336)
2. Korea iPrivacy Mark Certification Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr/02-580-0533~4)
3. Korea Internet Crime Investigation Center (http://icic.sppo.go.kr/02-3480-3600)
4. Cyber Police Terror Response Center (www.ctrc.go.kr/02-392-0330)