Home> > Programs > Multicultural Society Support programs
- How to listen
- - Skylife 855 (620) / Cable TV(C&M) 811 / Woongjin Foundation website (www.wjfoundation.or.kr)
- Broadcasting launched on August 15, 2008
Broadcasting Theme: Music of the Homelands to Multicultural Families
- - Programs focus on music and informations for foreign immigrants in Korea,
and provide with wisdom and knowledge for living in Korea
- - 24 hours a day
- - Main broadcasts: 6 hours a day(live) + Rotational programs 3 times:
18 hours a day (Chinese, Vietnamese, the Philippines, and Thai
- - Music programs moderated by native speakers (4 hours each language)
/ educational program (2 hours each)
- - Step 1(2008): Chinese, Vietnamese, the Philippines, and Thai
- - Step 2(2009): Russian/Uzbek, Mongolian, Japanese, Arabic
- - Across the Republic of Korea, North Korea, Japan, and some regions in China, Russia
- - Gangnam, Seoul :
Seocho , Songpa , Gangdong , Guro , Geumcheon District
- - Gangbuk, Seoul :
Yongsan , Jongro , Junggu , Mapo , Seodaemun , Gwangjin ,Nowon , Seongbuk District
- - Southern area of Gyeonggi Province :
Hanam , Gwangju , Yeoju , Guri , Namyangju, Yangpyeong , Gapyeong City
- - Northern area of Gyeonggi Province :
Goyang , Paju , Woijungbu , Yangju , Pocheon , Yeoncheon City
- Woongjin Foundation Website (www.wjfoundation.or.kr)
- - Real-time listening to whole programs available by Internet
- Traditional and modern music from each 4 countries
- Music includes children?�s songs, folksongs, popular songs, traditional and modern musical pieces
- DJs that can speak native tongues and Korean moderate the programs live.
- News and informations of listeners??home countries, thus functioning as a homeland plaza.
- Informations, knowledges and wisdoms for living in Korea. Korean language lessons
- Proverbs and stories as well as poems and essays from Korea and listeners' home countries
- Musical art pieces and drama series from home countries
- Helping foreigners overcome their homesickness and improve their quality of life in Korea.
- Helping people of same country to form a useful community, to form networks, and to improve communications among themselves and with Korean peoples.
- Offering opportunities for Koreans to enjoy the music and languages of different cultures and to help develop a better understanding of foreign cultures and of foreigners living in Korea and contribute to globalization of Korea.
- Cultural exchanges between Koreans and people from different cultures, resulting to boost mutual understanding and friendships between Koreans and Multi-ethnic people.
- Contract with Digital Radio KISS for cooperation for joint broadcasting.
- Visit to embassies of China, Japan, Vietnam, and the Philippines in Korea to secure musicical materials and DJs from each 4 countries.
- Eastablishing a mutual cooperation system with major Radio Broadcasting stations of the four countries.
- Visits to the four countries to collect musical and broadcasting materials and major radio stations of 4 countries to get continued cooperations for supplying with musical and drama programs.
- Selection of DJs through recommendations of the embassies of four countries.
- Trial broadcasting from August 1, 2008 to August 14, 2008.
- Beginning of main Broadcasting : August 15, 2008.